This app from Smarty Ears has been MUCH anticipated by me. I could not wait to try it out with my apraxia kiddos. If you are needing something that’s engaging for your young kids and that targets the appropriate areas for apraxia, then you are going to loooovvvee this one! 🙂
Check out Apraxia Ville!
It uses a cute farm theme and provides lots of visual support. On the main page you have the option to choose Quick Play, Select Player, view Reports/Homework, or Support.
* Quick Play allows you to jump right in to the game without designating the data to any specific player (good for when your student is screaming, and you’re just trying to do anything to get him to engage in something lol).
* When you Select Player, it brings you to the student screen that gives you the chance to input your students. You can do this via Therapy Report Center or add them yourself. Just click a player to select, and you can select up to 4 players in a group.
- The Sound Windows activity is great for kids beginning to practice CV sounds. They can watch and listen to the avatars use correct production of consonant sounds and vowel sounds. The productions are very clear. You can even see their tongues and teeth move to the correct positions. To change phonemes just click on the wooden letter below the pic!
- The Farm House activity moves toward real word production. You can customize for each student. Choose whether to target CV, VC, or CVC words, the desired phonemes, and the desired vowel sounds.
- The Words Farm activity lets students practice 2 or 3 words together. They can practice the same words, different words, same phonemes, or different phonemes. The screens are very customizable.
* Reports and Homework – This app gives a really good break down of data in the report center. You can view the consonant productions, vowel productions, and overall accuracies.