Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. It’s the day that we are all reminded to be thankful for the things we have. We count our blessings and think about all the people and experiences and things that God has given to us.
Here are few things that are on my list:
- Jesus – for who He is and the work that He’s doing in my life
- My sweet family and close friends…I adore every single one of them
- My job – I have the best job in the world. I get to look at 50 something little faces and help them become better communicators.
- My co-workers and administrators – Y’all, I’m so blessed to work with amazing people who actually treat me with respect and care about all of our sweet students
- You – Yes, I’m thankful for you. 🙂 Thank you for clicking over here and taking the time to care about the little things I have to say. And the friends I’ve made over the past few years from this blog will no doubt last a lifetime.
But…I have a confession. I don’t always feel thankful. Actually,
sometimes a lot of times I dwell on the things/people/circumstances that I don’t have and let that get me down.
So today and not just on Thanksgiving, my prayer is that I’ll be grateful even for the things I lack. God is good…and He is being good to me right now and loving me right now. He’s with me in times of plenty and with me in times of need. So today I’m thankful. Today I’m thankful for all of it.
I hope you didn’t mind this non-speechie post. What are you thankful for today?