When March rolls around, so do the referrals and deadlines and everything else. The last thing this SLP has time for is planning for therapy. This is the time for quick and easy spring speech therapy ideas that’ll keep everyone engaged.
Well, I’ve got you. Here are my favorite no-fail, easy-to-implement spring speech therapy ideas to get you through the end of the year!
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links, which just means that I might get a small (tiny! 😂) percentage if you purchase through it.
Books and Themes:
OK, let’s talk about the themes I use. If you aren’t a themed therapy kind of person, you might want to be just for the March-May months. It’ll make your planning life SO much easier. Here are my favorite Spring themes:
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Fairy Tales
- I also throw Easter in there whenever it falls.
I always do literacy-based therapy. If that’s your thing too, here are my favorite storybooks for each of the themes.
Worksheets and Printables
When I’m bogged down with all the little (and big) tasks at the end of the year, printables or things I already have prepped and ready to go are what I reach for first. Here are my favorite print-and-go resources!
- Free St. Patrick’s day printables (in my free resource library)
- St Patrick’s Day Worksheets for Speech and Language
- Spring Fluency Binder
- Spring Inferences and Text Evidence
- Fairy Tales mini unit worksheets
- Bugs mini unit worksheets (coming soon)
- Weather mini unit worksheets (coming soon)
There are a few other items that take a little more time to prep, but once you do they’re good for years to come. Here are some prep once and go items that I use during spring:
- Lucky Bingo for Later Sounds
- Blooming Preschool Language
- Fairy Tales Mini Unit sensory bins
- Bugs Mini Unit sensory bins (coming soon)
- Weather Minu Unit sensory bins (coming soon)
I love using crafts, especially if they are easy to prep. You can easily modify them for any therapy goal, and the kids love them!
Additionally, there are lots of cute free spring crafts out there that pair beautifully with all my books and games. Check out these favorites:
- Rainbow Craft Activity by SparklleSLP
- Spring Flower Craft by Speech Dreams
- Ladybug Paper Plate Craft by Buggy and Buddy
- Umbrella Raindrop Craft by Mama Jenn
- 10 cute fairy tale crafts by Tiny Beans
Sometimes the kids are begging to play a game. They are pretty quick and easy to pull out and great for reinforcement. Here are a few favorite games for this time of year!
A couple of years ago, we were all teletherapy SLPs and needed all the digital activities we could get. Even though I’m doing nearly as much teletherapy right now, I still find myself pulling out some boom cards or fun digital activities for my in-person kids.
Here are a few of my favorite digital speech therapy ideas for spring.
- Free digital articulation craft by Thrifty Speechy
- Spring Action Verbs by Ashley Rossi
- Build a Garden Open-Ended Scene by Compassionate Speech Therapy
- Spring Themed Bug and Insect Freebie by The Busy Speech Mom
- Spring Categorization by Crazy Speech World
- Digital portions of all my mini units!
OK, friend. I hope that gave you some great spring speech therapy ideas for all of your sessions! If you want a lot of these all wrapped up in a nice little package, be sure to check out the monthly plans in my free resource library! There’s a template for you to make your own as well. 🙂